Chicken and Beans Stir-Fry with Miso Curry
A super simple dish made with mostly pantry items or veg from the freezer.
- cast-iron fry pan
- small bowl
- 2 cloves garlic (finely grated)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. white miso
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ginger (finely grated)
- 1 tbsp. vegitable oil
- 500 g. chicken thigh fillets
- kosher salt
- .25 tsp. sugar
- 350 g. trimmed string beans, sugar snap peas, and/or snow peas
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
To make the curry paste, mix garlic, soy sauce, miso, curry powder, ginger, and 1 tbsp. oil in a small bowl; set aside.
Slice chicken thighs into 2cm thick strips. Season with salt and sprinkle with sugar.
In a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add a glug of oil and brown off the chicken (about 2-3min per side; don't overcrowd). Doesn't need to cook all the way through. Set aside on a plate.
In the same pan, cook off your beans until beans are bright green and lightly charred in spots, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
In the same pan, reduce the heat to medium and fry off curry paste for about a minute, or until the garlic aroma becomes noticeable. Add peas and ½ cup of water (or chicken stock) and stir to combine. Return chicken and beans to the pan and cook, tossing occasionally, until sauce is reduced by more than half and thickens.
Serve with rice.
- Finely diced onion, fried off after beans
- If sauce isn’t thick enough, make a slurry of potato starch and a lug of cold water. Stir through simmering sauce